Re: Species Iris?

In a message dated 4/6/00 12:46:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kenww@pacbell.net writes:

<< If it's a native Florida iris, it might be I. hexigona. It is supposed to
 bluish-purple or lavender with a yellow signal. You might check out >>

     I checked both sites out, and looked at some other images on Rodney's
page.  I suspect the species Iris in the image I sent is Iris hexagona, and
the Irises in the Rainbow River are Iris virginica.  Iris virginica is not
shown as being present in Marion County, but is shown as being present in
nearby Citrus and Levy Counties.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!