[PHOTO] Re: I.D. for Siberian, new angle | Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:51:50" />

[PHOTO] Re: I.D. for Siberian, new angle

Donald,
here is descriptions from Siberian Iris Chek list for Dragonfly and Early
Bluebird. Others can't be your. I made for comparison an attachment see from
left toright ShPr: 1. from Coleman'sWeb page, 2. your photo /another view/,
3. from TSI Fall '91. The pattern in 1. and 2. are identic, but not your.
Position of standards is also different and as was noted fall form and wide
not mach to true ShPr. Pay attention to
EARLY BLUEBIRD. The form of flower can be for 1970 year as well. And the
description of pattern is almost as shown in your photo. If you had no
others hopefuly it can be this. Check the time of flowering and flower stalk
measurement.
DRAGONFLY Dykes, William Rickatson Reg. 1923  SIB Diploid (46" 117cm)  B1L.
"Bluish violet, with a bronze throat". Description from Robert Wayman
Catalog, 1938. "S. pale bright blue, flushed pale violet; F. rich sky blue;
large size blooms, free-flowering; very tall." Orpington Catalog: 1924.
Information from BIS Library, courtesy of Jennifer Hewitt.  Unknown
parentage. Orpington Nurseries 1923
EARLY BLUEBIRD McEwen, Currier Reg. 1968 Sdlg S60/7-7 SIB Diploid (32" 81cm)
E-L & re Blue (RHS 89C) self with yellow-black-white blaze of medium size on
F. Tycoon X Placid Waters. McEwen 1970 HM: 1971
Edmundas Kondratas
SSI, BIS member
Kaunas, Lithuania, zone 5