Re: [Re: Re: Iris lacustris]

Iris lacustris is Evancia, very closely related to Iris cristata. I sent a
description earlier. I havn't seen any seeds on them even thought I have
carefully examined several thousand plants in Georian Bay and Dorcus Bay, two
areaas of Ontario where they are plentiful. This is in July when they should
have pods as they bloomed in late May. The Michigan lacustis may be different
re seeds. They should  grow in MO, but they don't like heat, need shade, and
like to have a lot of moisture in the air and ground but don't like to have
wet feet. They are usually in sand or gravel but ocassionally in loam. I have
tested the soil where they grow and found it to be neutral ph 7.0. I have
grown them and had them blom for mee but they are very fussy re conditions.

"Mary Carter Brown" <mccarbrn@janics.com> wrote:

>	MIME Type: multipart/related
> Dear Chuck, Is Lacustus PCN or Evancia?  Would it grow in Southern MO? Mary
Cary

Your high school sweetheart-where is he now?  With 4.4 million alumni
already registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll
find her here. Visit your online high school class reunion at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/3139/0/_/503733/_/956416259/