[PHOTO] Re: Re : Versicolor seedling | Sun, 23 Apr 2000 07:49:49" />

[PHOTO] Re: Re : Versicolor seedling

For all,
warmhearted greetings on occation of sweet spring Holliday-Easter Day.
For Chuck,
at once I must say I like your seedling. I have grown several seedlings of
different colors from seeds and all they are with characteristics of common
versicolor-with bright yellow signal above white radiating lines. Some I
found nice with ligt blue and other colors. Sorry I have no done photos
because I was very bussy and weather was very hot so blooming time passed
quickly. Hope this year to do and share with you. What I can say about your
seedling the main thing and the uniqness of this flower is very interesting
signal which is soft in comparison with known plants. It is well visible in
comparison file I have compossed from your pic and species plant if I
remember well somewhen sent by Ian Efford from Canada. The next is that
white signals background have washed out, only some lighter area remain. And
third-very nice ligt color with darker veining and dusting compleate color
and pattern picture. There is difficult to evaluate the form, but from your
photo it seems also nice with well exposed standards what in many cases is
difficult to achieve. It would be well to test your plant for cutting
purposes. In bouquet these flowers must look wonderfully. In the garden
light and soft colors are not so eycatching from distance, but good to
admire from short one. I am not experienced grower of versicolors yet, but I
think your seedling is worthy for introduction if other garden qualities you
will find good.
Have good luck, Chuck this season.
Edmundas Kondratas
SSI, BIS member
Kaunas, Lithuania, zone 5, where weather have jumped over spring to summer.
Temperatures are about 20-23C days and 10C nigts. Plants are bubling. I am
afraid that in summer we can have spring weather.