[PHOTO] RE:Getting the joke/Thornbird | Thu, 27 Apr 2000 00:06:16" />

[PHOTO] RE:Getting the joke/Thornbird

Speaking of  Thornbird, I grew it this year to see what it REALLY looked

Every picture I have seen of it has been different, COMPLETELY, and I
understand the shading varies depending on location.

I saw it growing in Argyle Acres in Texas, and I was not impressed with it,
but then again it was right next to bright bold and beautiful looking
irises, and it was in the shade of many trees.

When I returned from Dallas, TBird was blooming in my garden, and WOW, what
a different look it had to it!  It really looked VICTORIAN in my garden, so
I had to take a picture of it.

I am sad to say, however, that my picture couldn't grasp the true color of
this flower, no matter what angle or flash I tried to capture it, but I came
pretty dang close.

I am attaching a pic of it here for y'all to see.

IMHO, I can appreciate Thornbird now for what I know it really is, but it is
coming out this fall to make room for another and is going into someone
else's garden.