Re: Mike's 2001 intro, and other stuff

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Clark <janclarx@hotmail.com>
To: iris-photos@egroups.com <iris-photos@egroups.com>
Date: Thursday, April 27, 2000 5:16 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] Mike's 2001 intro, and other stuff

. . . if Patrick Orr's Photo is THORNBIRD, then I am renaming my thornbird
>'COMPOST'. Mine is nothing like that for colour, closer to green/khaki.  I
>have seen other photo's though, which are much closer to mine. There can't
>surely be that much variation?

Jan -- Yep, there not only can be that much variation, but is.  The first
THORNBIRD I saw was a drab specimen, and I couldn't for the life of me
imagine what anyone saw in it.  The next one, in another garden, was
strikingly different, and quite a nice iris.   What I would like to know is
whether peoples' THORNBIRDs remain the same for them year after year (i.e.,
ugly-ugly-ugly or beautiful-beautiful-beautiful), or whether they change
from year to year.  This might tell us whether THORNBIRD is susceptible to
color changes according to what's in the soil, or whether something else is
at work.  There has to be something to explain the wide variance in its
appearance.

Griff

jgcrump@erols.com in Virginia

Now the best and coolest websites come right to you based on your
unique interests. eTour.com is surfing without searching.
And, it's FREE!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3013/0/_/503733/_/956914454/