Re: Fogbound

Patrick,

I commend you on your superb photography.

I find that many of my iris on the west side of the house are lighter
than photos in catalogs.  Like you, our hot sunny weather in Dallas has
a predisposition for bleaching things out a bit.

I think, however, that you will find that the size of your flowers can
wind up being pretty big.  Look at the big monsters that Tom Burseen
puts out and he's in the far deep South of Dallas County.  Hooker
Nichols also puts out some mighty big blooms and his garden in over in
far Southeast Dallas County, almost to Big Alligator country!  If you
noted some of the blooms over at Lew Begley's the Arboretum as well as
the Clark Gardens, you saw that we grow 'em big in Texas.  You can do it
too over there in Phoenix.  Keep up the great photography.

Jelcy Romberg

 Patrick Orr wrote:

 Fogbound looked much better this morning after a cool night and some
 water after the 100+ degree day we had yesterday.  But it was just as
 hot today, and it looked fine when I got home this evening, so it
 obviously has staying power.

Get paid for the stuff you know!
Get answers for the stuff you donít. And get $10 to spend on the site!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2200/0/_/503733/_/956942352/