Re: Seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Seedling
  • From: lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 14:29:57 -0000

Mike:
 Well, I think its kind of neat..'cause its different. What it may
lack in form, it makes up in a different way.
I'll bet a whole clump of them growing together would be pretty
impressive.
I wouldn't mind growing it in my garden. Even tho the color isn't
unique, it is a very attractive uniform shade. I don't like those
ugly blotchy things some people seem to be coming out with these days.
Laetitia

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Mike Sutton" <suttons@l...> wrote:
> Hello,
> What a strange bloom year, late iris are blooming early and early
iris aren't blooming yet.  IBs SDBs MDBs MTBs and TBs are all
blooming right now.  Here is a pic of an iris we just don't know what
to do with.  It is a little narrow but has consistent double
appendages on all flowers.  Great branching, bud count and vigor,
(must have several thousand now).  We haven't thrown it away but are
hesitant to intro it because the form isn't quite up to standards.
The appendages make it different.  I guess this is kind of a fly or
die thing, please let me know what you all think.