Unknown bearded iris

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Unknown bearded iris
  • From: lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:24:22 -0000

To everyone:
   I responded to Eleanor the message before, but might as well open
it up to the group. I will be studying unknowns and trying to
straignten out names at Presby Iris gardens next month. There are
thousands of bearded iris, most of which are ID'd already, some not.
If anyone has photos of unknowns they would like to send me, I will
try to match them up with what is growing at Presby and get back to
you with names, possibly pictures. Please include some description
such as height, if bloom is early/mid/late,  if there is purple
suffusion at the fan base, scent, # blooms per stalk etc.
Please just send to my e-mail and I'll do the best I can.
PS I might just be posting the stuff I can't identify right here.
thanks,
Laetitia