[PHOTO] Re: Re: [iris-talk] UNKNOWN: SDB | Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:42:44" />

[PHOTO] Re: Re: [iris-talk] UNKNOWN: SDB

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re: [iris-talk] UNKNOWN: SDB
  • From: "Eleanor Cecchini" <eleanore@mb.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:21:13 -0500

Thanks, Laetitia!  I surely wish I didn't though!  :)  In the last few
years, by reading descriptions and buying more irises, I've managed to
identify quite a few of the unknowns I used to have.  Over 10 years ago,
nurseries would sell them without labels.

Lucky you, getting to study them up close.  I'll take better pics this
season, not just the flower, but the entire plant as well.

I did have a 3rd one that I tried to get identified, but didn't do very
well.  I'll attach it here.  It was sold to me as TB 'Stepping Out' in 1995,
obviously not in bloom.  I left it at my former garden, by mistake.  gads!
It's a 2 1/2 to 3 foot stalk; blooms with the other TB's.  I've included 2
sizes, one close up and one further away.  Some suggestions were Capricious,
Las Vegas and Floorshow.  To me, it looks more like TB Tennessee Woman than
any of those suggestions.

Whatever the suggestions are, I will buy them all to compare.

El, Ste Anne, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3