Re: Buying a Camera...Suggestions?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Buying a Camera...Suggestions?
  • From: John Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 23:19:01 -0700

Francesca R Thoolen wrote:

> Laetitia, I very recently purchased an Olympus D490Z. I will try to send you
> the fact sheet I downloaded from the internet. Even tho' you may not need or
> want to purchase a 64MB media card you want to get a camera which can handle
> that, not all do. I am still learning how to use mine. It like learning to
> use a mini computer. Just be patient, that is what I tell myself. I am
> fortunate my son-in-law works for AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) a competitor
> of Intel. He has the same camera so when I need help he can help me. You can
> set your camera for HQ (high quality) and it will use a lot of memory, and
> other lesser quality settings which use less. So if and when you want to
> take an iris use HQ, then later you can change the setting on the camera and
> take a scenic shot with lesser quality (but still very good) and use up less
> memory. Good luck.

Then there are the Sony cameras that use floppy disks as the recording
media.
They are inexpensive, and it is easy to carry as many as you need. Some
models now use a recordable CD that can store an incredible number of
pictures. The camera has all the bells and whistles you could ever want.

Mine takes great pictures, as many of you have seen.

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: