Re: misidentified species?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] misidentified species?
  • From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 10:04:39 -0700

I just went out and measured the perianth tube. Do you measure all the
way to the base of the petals or to the point where it starts to flare
below the petals? In any event it is around 38 to 40 mm so it is within
the range.

   Ken

Francesca R Thoolen wrote:

> Ken, The PCIs quite often are identified by their perianth tube. Lee Lenz,in
> his book: 'A Revision of the Pacific Coast Irises', publixhed in 1958,
> states that the perianth tube is 30-62 mm long (aver. 48mm). In several
> books they mention that the flowers are a soft creamy yellow.
>
> Francesca
> irisgirl2@home.com

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Ppl8ZC/TFaCAA/qvCFAA/GjZVlB/TM