  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: LOVE THE SUN (?)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 08:14:28 -0400

Neil said:
<The brown look to the falls on my monitor may reflect digital issues,
or growing conditions, or just plain the difference between Oz and
TN. It does *look* like a Blyth iris, doesn't it.>

No, that's not your monitor - the falls have a different brownish
ochreish almost greenish tannish... as you point out, it does 'look'
like a Blyth iris with colors that are not easily captured in words.
'Tan' is probably closest, but just as BEHOLD A LADY isn't exactly white
and yellow, this one isn't exactly yellow and tan.  It's an early
bloomer, so it may rarely bloom here, but at least I know it can live in
east Tennessee <g>  She had two nice big clumps, and while many of her
stalks on other cultivars were stunted (common for me but unusual in her
better location), this was nice and tall.  Huge blooms & the form I

Barry - Thanks for confirming the ID.

Linda M

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win