[PHOTO] Unicorn | Sun, 29 Apr 2001 22:40:56" />

[PHOTO] Unicorn

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Unicorn
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:22:14 -0700

Iris gurus,

During an excellent JT, at the end of a fantastic regional trek, Steve
Rocha used a stalk of a very nice space-ager with lavender spoons in his
talk. He said it had been sold to him as Unicorn.  More than one of us
were very surprised to see Unicorn with more than small horns.

But several other iris at this garden and others grew beyond
expectations. That makes me tend to believe that he had the real thing
and the iris just surpassed its normal growth there because it was

Attached is a pic from Lloyd Austin's last catalog.

Any thoughts? Has Unicorn grown spoons for others? Should we all move to
Ramona (home of Steve and Sharlyn Rocha)?

Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19
ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win