RE: Cast Ashore

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: Cast Ashore
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:15:04 -0400

>Here is a photo of Cast Ashore. This is a natural cross of I
>virginica and I versicolor. I found it as a loose plant floating
>just off the shore of Lake Huron, on the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario,
>Canada. I virginica probably hadn't been growing in this area for
>about 10,000 years, following a climate change. The plant is fertile
>and puts out masses of seeds. I'm not sure if this is usuall or not
>with these "Robusta" types.
>Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Zone 4/5

That's a great story and an equally wonderful iris.  I'll have to add
that to my "wish list".  How tall does it get?
Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win