[PHOTO] Re: SPEC: Iris hermona | Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:39:50" />

[PHOTO] Re: SPEC: Iris hermona

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] SPEC: Iris hermona
  • From: William Wells <wells@train.missouri.org>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 22:26:06 -0600

Thomas,
Your message took a long time to download on my slow modem, but the pictures were
very nice. I'd love to try to grow those here in Missouri, USA, but I wouldn't
relish collecting them at the moment in Israel.

Bill

fietz@em.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> These are some snapshots of Iris hermona taken in the central Golan area in
> Israel just 20 kilometers from the Iris grant-duffii habitat. This particular
> habitat is very popular with sightseers but fortunately there were few because
> it was in the middle of the week...
>
> This species grows in dry or medium-dry open places like pasture lands. The
> flowers are very large; about 15 cm in diameter as well as in height. Note the
> different patterns in the flags: There were flowers with veins and dots and
> those with veins only. There is also variability in the brown tone of the
> falls' speckles.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Thomas
> fietz@rz.uni-frankfurt.de

>                                     Name: Iris hermona (2002-03-18).JPG
>    Iris hermona (2002-03-18).JPG    Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
>                                 Encoding: base64
>
>                                      Name: Iris hermona (2002-03-18)a.JPG
>    Iris hermona (2002-03-18)a.JPG    Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
>                                  Encoding: base64
>
>                                      Name: Iris hermona (2002-03-18)b.JPG
>    Iris hermona (2002-03-18)b.JPG    Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
>                                  Encoding: base64
>
>                                      Name: Iris hermona (2002-03-18)c.JPG
>    Iris hermona (2002-03-18)c.JPG    Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
>                                  Encoding: base64
>
>                                      Name: Iris hermona (2002-03-18)d.JPG
>    Iris hermona (2002-03-18)d.JPG    Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
>                                  Encoding: base64

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.