Re: Aril med rebloomer

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Aril med rebloomer
  • From: "Francesca R. Thoolen" <irisgirl@attbi.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 08:39:15 -0800

In response to Bill Burleson message, it is not alway that easy to decide how to proceed. As I mentioned in my first response message regarding the arilmed rebloomer, it all depends on how you want the plant to progress thru the 'juding process' when it comes to that. The fact that it is a rebloomer in the breeding of the arilmed is an improvement, there is no doubt about that. However what impact will such a plant, presumably a 1/4 bred, since we do not have the pedigree to confirm that, usually very limitedly fertile. So the rebloom factor will presumably not improve future generations in the aril group. This might be the only reason one would register it, if it were fertile, hoping to get those genes into future aril breeding. It could be registered as a median, which it seems to fit from more points of view, than in the aril group. At least in this area it might be considered for awards with a better chance than registered in the aril group since from the photo, I have not been able to assess the several points needed to be considered in the aril community. More photos of this aril-med might allow us to be able to assess it better to help the Suttons decide where to put it. What do you think Mike?

Francesca