Re: Tiger Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Tiger Iris
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 21:39:39 -0400

>     Hi all, a seedling of Iris tigridia bloomed today for the first time.
>This has much better spotting then my original plant. I think it's pretty
>cute. To paraphrase Darwin 'Survival of the cutest'.

Cute indeed!  Do you have to do anything special to grow that?  Or
does it do fine in regular garden beds alongside the TBs?  I really
fell for the tiger-stripeyness (is that a word?) in your photo.  I
assume it's not a trick of the light??  I wanna grow it, but only if
it's not too fussy.  <G>  It looks bearded.  Does it hybridize
readily with other beardeds?
Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6

Buy Stock for $4