Re: Re: OT: Garden Guests

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: OT: Garden Guests
  • From: cathycampi@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:59:26 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/02 9:39:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, hensler@povn.com writes:

>  Not Killdeer babies being clueless. They can play dead better than a
> opossum. You can pick one up and hold it in your hand and it will be
> totaly limp. Lay it down and it will not move untill you get far
> enough away that it thinks it can get away from you. Gone like a
> streak.

Could be some of the ones we've had here were defective. One of my cats
brought one to me (unscathed) a few years ago and the goofy little thing was
quite content just to sit in my hand while staring at me with the biggest

His mother however was going ballistic so I took him back home to the nest.

I wonder how the species survives.They lay their eggs on open ground in the sun. This years winning pair laid their eggs on the reflector in the middle of the street.About the third month I encourage these peeping wonders to move away!

Stockton Ca

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor