AIS:What a Deal - The Geek Dinner

  • Subject: [iris-photos] AIS:What a Deal - The Geek Dinner
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:42:00 -0700

Thei is your last chance to sign up for the Geek Dinner. The final count
has to be in to the hotel by next Wednesday.

We have dinner and doorprizes and an auction to raise money for
electronic services in AIS. This year we have (so far):

Suttons  two $45 gift certificates
Schreiner's three $50 gift certificates
Superstition  one $50 gift certificates
Zebra Iris Garden Two gift certificates
Iris Gallery (Hudson) one $50 gift certificates
Lauer's Iris gallery two '02 introductions
Keppel Iris Garden one '01 and one '02 introduction
Zebra Iris Garden Two '02 Introductions
Beautiful View Iris Garden  $30 Collection of 12 rhizomes
An iris T-shirt
Iris thermometer
iris salt and  pepper shakers

and a few other surprises.

It is too late to mail us a check, but email Joanne at
Mailto:Joanne@usjoneses.com

and bring a check with you. A reservation at this late date is not cancelable.

Think about that only $21 gets you a great dinner, a chance at a lot of
great doorprizes and the opportunity to bid on some outstanding values.

We have a good time. We get to meet people
face to face that we only know by email.

This year it will be Sunday evening from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Dinner will
cost $21.00 and you have your choice of Lasagna with Meat sauce, or a
vegetarian dinner of Farfalle pasta with grilled fresh vegetables and a
light marinara sauce. Each of the entrees are accompanied by salad,
garlic bread sticks, and dessert.

In past years we have had 2 hours, but because of room scheduling we are
facing a shortened schedule. What this means is that we will will start
dinner promptly at 5:15 and have a shorter auction.

Previously, many people have graciously brought food items to share as
doorprizes, auction items and dessert, but because of the short time we
have this year I am asking that anyone offering to make a donation, only
offer items with an iris theme.

If you know of anyone who would like to come to the dinner, but is not
on iris-talk or iris-photos please let them know.

Please email your reservations to:

Mailto:Joanne@usjoneses.com

(Most email programs will allow you to just click on that link to
generate a blank mail message) DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST

Like wise, if you would like to donate an item for the auction or
doorprizes, let Joanne know. We would appreciate it greatly.

Don't wait until you get to the convention, it will be too late. The
hotel requires a firm head count by the Wednesday prior to the dinner.

Thx

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA