What's blooming

  • Subject: [iris-photos] What's blooming
  • From: "Harold" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:56:40 -0700

I saved the "what's blooming" file just to see what my software said about the file. I use Outlook Express and the image was so large that it was meaningless. According to Picture Publisher the size was 20" x 15" at 72 dpi and a file size of 630K. I am in the boondocks telephone service wise and limited to 44k bps. It seemed to take forever to receive the file. I receive business emails on the same computer and have to wait through the big files to see if there is a business one in the batch. The big ones always seem to be 1 or 2 in the batch. Since this group is just for viewing pleasure, as a personal favor I would like to request that any email be limited to a total of 300k or less. I don't think any of us need large files. File size can easily be controled by cropping, using 72 to 75 dpi, significant jpg compression and an image size that fits a normal email viewer. Most systems will have some type of image editing capability that can achieve these objectives in just a couple of minutes. Mastering simple image editing is not all that difficult. I know that I am not the only one out there who feels this way.
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762