Re: What's blooming

In spite of your plea, big emails are still gonna happen. There's junk mail
out there thats half a meg... Don't know what you use to read email but most
decent ones have an option setting where you can skip any that are over a
certain size (you pick the size). Some will even send you just the headers
and let you delete it without downloading it. This might be a good option for

In my case I HATE the teeny tiny pics that come up one inch by inch or
smaller. I can't see any detail and they almost aren't worth the effort to
open. And my eyesight just seems to keep getting worse.... I really LIKE the
big ones... So no, I can't say that I would agree with you on this one. Maybe
we need two iris-photos lists!

> I saved the "what's blooming" file just to see what my software said about
the file. I use Outlook Express and the image was so large that it was
meaningless. According to Picture Publisher the size was 20" x 15" at 72 dpi
and a file size of 630K. I am in the boondocks telephone service wise and
limited to 44k bps. It seemed to take forever to receive the file. I receive
business emails on the same computer and have to wait through the big files
to see if there is a business one in the batch. The big ones always seem to
be 1 or 2 in the batch. Since this group is just for viewing pleasure, as a
personal favor I would like to request that any email be limited to a total
of 300k or less. I don't think any of us need large files. File size can
easily be controled by cropping, using 72 to 75 dpi, significant jpg
compression and an image size that fits a normal email viewer. Most systems
will have some type of image editing capability that can achieve these
objectives in just a couple of minutes. Mastering simple image editing is not
all that difficult. I know that I am not the only one out there who feels
this way.
> Harold Peters
> Beautiful View Iris Garden
> 2048 Hickok Road
> El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
> harold@directcon.net  www.beautiful-view-iris.com

          Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

  safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across
  the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil,
  shouting GERONIMO!"
  cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.