Re: I need some help with identification

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: I need some help with identification
  • From: "lfandjg" <laurief@paulbunyan.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:35:49 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., Harry Wells <hlwells@h...> wrote:
>Is it acceptable to the list to post the names of my irises,
> and if anybody has a photo of one of them, from a catalogue or their own,
> perhaps they could send me an attached .jpeg or.gif file privately since we
> don't want to choke up the list.  My email is hlwells@h...

Hi, Harry, and welcome to iris-photos.  I would think it perfectly
appropriate for you to post requests for photos of your irises here,
but may I suggest a couple ways for you to try to prune down your list
before posting it here?

Firstly, there are many iris photos already available in this list's
archives.  You can search all archived messages for each of your named
cultivars at the following URL:
http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/search.cgi
That will hopefully locate a few pics for you.

Secondly, try a Google search (http://www.google.com) for iris photos.
If you're looking for a photo of RASPBERRY FUDGE, for example, type
("Raspberry Fudge" iris) into the Google search box and see what comes
up.

If there are still irises for which you haven't located pics using
those two sources, by all means feel free to post your requests here.
Several of our members seem to have large personal iris photo
collections that they are always willing to share.

Happy hunting,

Laurie

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.