re:

  • Subject: [iris-photos] re:
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" <doyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:18:55 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

>>How sweet! Any idea what they are?

My first thought (because of the size) was that they were a form of I.
setosa, but these have nice tall standards and setosas barely have any.

Dwarf Siberians maybe? The signal and form are right.<<

Christy in another post from Chuck Chapman, he also called them i. setosa. or maybe i. setosa canadensis.

I just joined this group a couple months ago so I'm learning rapidly, but I'm almost totally ignorant when it comes to types of irises. I've grown them almost all my life, but only because they are so pretty.

As I told him, I don't know what they are. They grow from bulbs and I think they came to me as a freebie when I ordered some others. Maybe I can find the brochure where I ordered them.

Thanks to everyone who so willingly shares their knowledge.

Pearl in north central Texas, zone 7/8