[PHOTO] BLUE SHIMMER? | Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:19:19" />

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] BLUE SHIMMER?
  • From: Phantomfyre <phantomfyre@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:13:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone!

This is my first attempt at posting - I believe I have cropped this
to an acceptible size for everyone...

This is an iris that, along with several others, I dug out of a cow
pasture (with permission of the farmer, of course). They were growing
around an abandoned shack/house, and according to the farmer, no one
has lived there for at least 50 years. So far, this is the only one
that I *think* might stand a chance of being ID'd.

My digital camera changed purple to blue. The flower is acutally a
blue-purple plicata, with blue-purple beards lightly tipped yellow.
After searching the HIPS site, I have found several additional
pictures of BLUE SHIMMER, and all are identical in form and color to
this picture - I suspect other peoples' digital cameras do the same
thing. I did, however, find one picture (scanned?) that shows it as
being a lavender plicata.

Very wide branching on this guy, with some double-socketed buds, and
slight PBF.

I'm feeling pretty confident with a BLUE SHIMMER I.D. on this one,
but does anyone know of any other historic plicatas that look like

Thanks in advance for your help!
Diana Williams
Central VA, USDA z.7a, Sunset z.32

Do You Yahoo!?