Re: Unusual rhizome

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Unusual rhizome
  • From: Randy Squires randysiris@juno.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 07:39:49 -0800

 <hensler@povn.net> writes:
<about whether they've seen this style of increase before.
<I'd appreciate any insights.

Christy,
I know nothing about SDBs & MDBs, but I see this type of increase
quite often coming from the rhizome that was started from seed on TBs.
Sometimes the neck starts from the bottom side of rhizomes and grows
out and away from the main rhizome, but this only happens usually
when the older rhizome was started from seed. After that the necks
get big and become normal with normal increase from then on.

Randy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor