Re: Midnight Oil seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Midnight Oil seedling
  • From: Randy Squires randysiris@juno.com
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 06:19:14 -0800

<iris@syix.com> writes:>
> What has become of this seedling?

Hi Bonnie,
It is still here, I didn't get it into a reselect bed, so it
is now a 3 year clump competing with all the other seedlings
that were planted 8 inches apart in the beginning. I liked the
beard on that one but one of it's sibs is real black (like
Midnight Oil) and nice. They seem to be content just growing
on top and outward of each other. I've had the first child from this
cross bloom, it is (Midnight Oil x Blackout) X (Classy Chassy x Darkside)
and it is deep dark velvety purple with a thick dark blue beard, I'm
happy with it and can't wait to see all it's sibs that have 3 ft tall

Randy, who is getting ready to cut stalks this morning for the first
Flower Show
of the season at the Southern California Iris Society, and no I'm not
cutting the
first stalk of Wearing Rubies that just opened yesterday.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!