Re: first iris of the year & can anyone guess

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: first iris of the year & can anyone guess
  • From: dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:40:41 -0600

This photo might be of the same plant I asked about a few days ago.  I will
compare the photo with mine when I get home.  Mine doesn't flare so much,
but that could be climate and flower age.  I didn't remember the falls
being quite so patterned, but then the coloring might be paler in my dry
intense New Mexico sun.  I measured mine last night again, they got a bit
taller.  They are bigger this year than I've ever seen them before.  A few
are up to 14 in. tall now, but most stalks are still stuck at about 8

Is the flower on the one in the photo fairly large (+/- 4 inches)?

Anyone have any guesses?

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!