Re: Re: Iris germination

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Iris germination
  • From: Randy Squires randysiris@juno.com
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:21:26 -0700

 <crook1945@yahoo.com> writes:
>   This winter I obtained some Iris seed >
I can't help you with germinating patterns, especially with
a 4 month growing season, there are some Canadians both
here and on the other list that hybridize and start iris from seed
that should be able to answer your questions.
What I think I know is:
I. Siberica, would be a Siberian and seeds are very easy
to sprout in a short period of time, I've just started them
outdoors in a pots.
I.Yellow Flag, should be an iris Pseudacorus, a species iris,
very hardy swamp or bog plant, never tried to germinate these
but should be fairly easy if keep moist.
I. Graminea,  Graminea is a small beardless Spuria iris.
these shouldn't be very difficult either.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor