RE: SPEC: Unknown Orange beardless

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] SPEC: Unknown Orange beardless
  • From: "Harold Peters" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:17:10 -0700

I agree with Bill that the unknown iris is I. fulva. Fulva is a species of Louisiana iris. LAs prefer wet, acid beds rich in organic matter. They can take full sun but can also take some shade. Under a  tree is not the best location for an LA.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762