Re: Re: Cinnamon Girl

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Cinnamon Girl
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:44:41 EDT

In a message dated 4/17/2003 11:23:20 PM Central Daylight Time, jetace1289@yahoo.com writes:

I do love the thing, just wish someone would come over here and say, " I love that iris, can you share?"

I've never seen it offered at Wal Mart nor have I seen it as one of there mislabeled plants. Don't mean it could not be so. I've have seen this iris undergo severe white grub attacks in moist soil and still not rot when temperatures were conducive to doing so. Too, I sometimes notice a pale yellow tint to the otherwise white ground of the falls. It is lower in substance than I prefer and it's color washes out some in full sun. Wonder if it might not be good to work it as such hybridizing.

Bout that gettin' rid of em? You got three choices. You can get more friends. Or you can get more land. Or you can get more round up. And, I ain't sure the round up will work.

Smiles,
Bill Burleson 7a/b
OSIS

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor