[PHOTO] Re: Frog lovers at Lazy Bill's | Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:14:11" />

[PHOTO] Re: Frog lovers at Lazy Bill's

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Frog lovers at Lazy Bill's
  • From: Bill & Gale Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:14:47 -0500

Nice shot of the speckled king snake, Bill! I believe you even caught his tongue out. I came upon his twin brother today while setting out perennials this afternoon. Why do we always jump when we see a snake? As soon as I realize it's not a copperhead (VERY common here) or a timber rattler (quite rare), I am happy to let him go on his way... :-)

Bill Wells (celebrating on this special holiday as on no other - Happy Easter , everyone!)

)

oneofcultivars@aol.com wrote:
Frog lovers migrate to Lazy Bill's empire where the buttercups grow. This one
particularly likes spotted leopard frogs and has been observed dining on
water dwelling members of his on species. You should hear those frogs howl
when he catches one!

Jumpin' and smilin',
Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society