Re: Luminata Seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Luminata Seedling
  • From: Randy Squires randysiris@juno.com
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:32:20 -0700

oneofcultivars@aol.com writes:
<Exactly how do you know it is not a true luminata?

Well not knowing exactly, and not an expert on these things.
My understanding is that a true luminata should have a clear area around
the beards, void of any lines or dots.
I do think this has the luminata pattern and that the term luminata is
being used very loosely these days, especially with luminata/plics,
where you can see a luminata pattern but still see a lot of plicata in
Now if Dave is out there, I will never be able to explain any deeper
than this.
I'll send a picture of Double Click, where I can still see light veining
on the white
area around the beard.
So what it boils down to Bill, is I don't know.