[PHOTO] Re: SDB: Being Busy & sdlng | Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:07:46" />

[PHOTO] Re: SDB: Being Busy & sdlng

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: SDB: Being Busy & sdlng
  • From: "Jan Clark" janclarx@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:06:42 +1000

Linda I like the look of your seedling too, although for me, it is the beard
colour on BB that makes it a stand out. It is opne of my favourite SDB's. I
have had a few crosses of MURMUR X BEING BUSY bloom so far, and they all
looked like inferior BB's but they all bloomed above the foliage. My CHERRY
CHILD X BEING BUSY were strange - sort of a very dark muddy mix of the two
parent plants.
I have included a not so very good photo of my BB in bloom. It normally
blooms just clear of the leaves for me, as do most of my SDB's. I suspect
this is a climatic thing, so if you have one that consistantly blooms higher
it may very well bloom as an IB in a different climate.
I say test it fairly widely, as you have had plenty of offers.
Cheers, Jan in Aus, zone 8/9ish

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/AG3JAA/2gGylB/TM