[PHOTO] Zebra Nights and Canadian Streaker... in Ottawa | Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:00:03" />

[PHOTO] Zebra Nights and Canadian Streaker... in Ottawa

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Zebra Nights and Canadian Streaker... in Ottawa
  • From: Sandy Ives rives@rogers.com
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:00:10 -0400

Excuse my SARScasm, but this is where the irises are today.

These are nice variagated iris that mix quite well together, at least
when they are a little bigger.  Both were split last year, though I must
say that Zebra Nights did give many more increases that you would
suspect from the photo.  I like Canadian Streaker better because I don't
have to dig as often and the bloom is an unexpected colour for a
variagated plant.  There was an excellent clump at either the Dallas
convention or the York convention - no bloom, but outstanding spikes and
foliage.

Of course, as treasurer of the local affiliate, I like Zebra Nights
because it can be dug often and sells well.

I figure I will post a shot of each once per week to give everyone an
idea of how our season is progressing.

Yesterday we had about 5 cm of snow.  It melted, but I will have to
review and probably spray for soft rot.

Regards,

Sandy Ives in Ottawa  (who's currently cursing WHO)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/2gGylB/TM