Re: PCN: Fallen Plums

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PCN: Fallen Plums
  • From: "Francesca R. Thoolen" irisgirl@attbi.com
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:59:49 -0700

Sterling, Indeed a beautiful flower. I understand that April was a bad month
too, almost rain daily!
Shows that PCNs can take a lot of water WHEN IT IS COLD. Mine are watered
every other day for 30 minutes heat or cold and they do well also. The
automatic watering system goes on about 7:am before any head can affect
them. I feed them Buggeta or else like you they get munched before I can
take a decent picture. I like the very short ones because I have them
planted in a raised bed about 18" high so I can look up close to them on
talking terms. I especially liked Light Winds, Ghio 2002. It is a warm
white, 12" tall, very compact, tight ruffles almost laced. Unfortunately I
did not get a chance to photograph it but it is a cutie. I still like
Gordola, Ghio 1996.

Francesca
Orinda, CA (SF Bay Area)
irisgirl@attbi.com