Fwd: Fw: Hi

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Fwd: Fw: Hi
  • From: jimmy brewster blizzard635@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:30:42 -0700 (PDT)

Note: forwarded message attached.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

--- Begin Message ---
  • Subject: Fw: Hi
  • From: "jbrewster" jbrewster@sc.rr.com
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:29:53 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: jbrewster
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 11:13 PM

Can anyone offer any help??  Tks  Jimmy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: Hi

Hi Jimmy,

If I had to guess, I would say that you had some bees pollenate some of the irises at some point in time and that they produced seedlings that would be different from the parents.  There are also sports which are a slight variation on a cultivar due to a genetic change, and many sports are white.  I've never had a sport though, I think they are rather rare.

Hope that helps,

Robin Shadlow

jbrewster <jbrewster@sc.rr.com> wrote:
I was looking at your web site and I see several Iris I'm going to buy.  I've had them in my yards for over 30 years.  I've got a question that I would like to ask you.  Noone out here seems able to help.  I have 7 different beds in various places all seperated by 100 ft or more.1 bed has been for 1 color for the last 10 years.
When you look at them they are a pretty purple color but this year they came out the regular color some are that color with white tinge and some are pure white and some white with a yellow middle and very small purple or grey spots.  I've taken pics of them.  What do you think?? I have never had any whites in my yard.
          Tks  Jimmy Brewster

Do you Yahoo!?
--- End Message ---