Re: multiple stalks per rhizome - closeup

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: multiple stalks per rhizome - closeup
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:39:13 -0000

> That could be pineappling.

Sort of resembles it.  I'm on record as believing this is the result
of a late freeze while the stalks were forming.  I've had one
pineapple once and the growth here is slender and really about as
tall as TIGER HONEY ever gets here - about 29-34 inches while the
pineapple growth was stubby and thick (didn't survive either).  But
I think the extra stalks would have been branches if there hadn't
been the hard freeze in late February.  Lots of extra and missing
parts on things this year.  I think this is just another example.
The plant itself should be fine.  There are enough non-blooming fans
for another season.

Donald
  Pineappled stalks are shorter than normal.
> A healthy clump can multiply and correct itself next year if it
doesn't
> rot or bloom out.  It isn't a disaster.
>
> Francelle Edwards    Glendale,  AZ   Zone 9

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1
707

632694:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http:/ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=245454.3115308.4434529.2595810/D=egrou
> pmail/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=689575802>

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.

Get Home Early - Access Your work PC
http://us.click.yahoo.com/usvdqB/Yq8FAA/AG3JAA/2gGylB/TM