[PHOTO] SPEC: I. Crestata | Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:10:17" />

[PHOTO] SPEC: I. Crestata

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SPEC: I. Crestata
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" redear@infinet.com
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:12:07 -0400

Three patches like this is what stirred Melissa Helen's interest in getting back into iris.

They are around three pine trees at my camper. Six fans 11  years ago started this. Hundreds have been given away and many planted along our golf court trail around the lake (100 acre lake). They have been thinned but never dug. Even more blooms the day after this picture.

My Pseudacorus planted at the edge of the lake next to my boat dock were attacked by winged weed eaters. Canadian Geese. No leaves left. Two legged Iris collectors got two clumps of Black Gamecock last year. The geese like LA's to.

No one has bothered anything on my lot. Some ask for starts, which they get=