Re: My Unknown

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: My Unknown
  • From: Bo adams_iris@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:41:54 -0700 (PDT)

I am pretty sure my photo I sent in is Persian GOWN.  I have seen pictures of Persion BERRY, and I know I did not ever get that iris.  I looked up Persian Gown in my catalogs, and behold!  THERE IT WAS!  Hey, I'm really happy.  If I find a photo of my yellow iris, I'll send that in too. I got it the same year I got this one. . . both from a friend.

I do not have Sweet Ballerina.  This isn't it either.  The description in my catalog from Cooleys matches perfectly.  Also, last year when it bloomed, This iris had very nicely textured petals, they were quite stiff.  As you can see in the photo, there are some drops of water on the flower, and it didn't seem to bother the color or strength of the petals. :-)

Thank-you for all your help!  I really appreciated everyone's suggestions!

~Bo

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor