Re: HYB: Another seedling - could be a real winner

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Another seedling - could be a real winner
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:55:48 -0700

Francelle,

I think the red-purple with the fine white dots could be a real winner for you!!!   There are irises that have white backgrounds with purple spots.  But, your iris (if crossed with itself) has the potential to produce the first ever iris with a solid colored (red-purple) iris with WHITE SPOTS!  (I'm assuming of course that - there is a possibility those spots may double in size)

Francelle.............. if you decide you don't want this iris - I'll be happy to work with it.  But, If I were you - I'd keep it and work with that possibility in mind.  Best of luck to you!

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net