another AT LAST sdlg

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] another AT LAST sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 19:19:54 -0600

A sibling to the red one I posted earlier.  This has proved to be an
impossible color to photograph and get right.  It's a smooth blend of gold
and maroon, so it's a burnished gold or tarnished brass.  It's much richer
in color than I've managed to get in the photo, but further attempts got
battered away today by 1 1/2 inches of hard rain in less than an hour.  We
need the rain, but anything blooming or opening was demolished.
Fortunately, stalks and tight buds weren't injured so I should see new
blooms opening tomorrow - if we don't get more hard rain.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links