Re: OT BIO: Seana/Welcome!

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: OT BIO: Seana/Welcome!
  • From: "seanaames" <ErikNSeana@att.net>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 11:02:55 -0000

Thanks!  I've been checking out the archives.  I love all the
pictures!  I think I've kind of gotten my fix - for today anyway!
Keep those pictures coming!

We won't have anything bloom this year but I have quite a few
pictures from past years.  Since we just bought and moved into our
first house in November we won't have much in the way of flowers this
year.  My big thrill this year was that the previous occupants had a
few spring bulbs interspersed with their gravel! LOL

There are some irises at the end of the house but I think they are in
too much shade and need to be divided.  I am still wondering if they
are "worth" the work it will take to divide and find another place
for them.  I hope they bloom this year so I can tell!  It never hurts
to save one or two but I don't need 82 of the same things when I need
room for my other babies somewhere, too.  All of our irises are
heeled in, in a temporary flowerbed for the moment.  Lots of work to
do on our Colorado clay!

We've been busier . . .  My oldest two are just graduated and almost
graduated.  It's not as busy as it was last year anyway!

New to the Eastern Plains in Colorado
Zone 4-5
--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Margie Valenzuela"
<IrisLady@c...> wrote:
> Welcome aboard Seana!!!
> You've joined this list just at the right time!  :-)  Many of us
have irises beginning to bloom for the spring, and others will be
posting theirs (later on down the road) as their spring season
begins.  Post your photos when you can/if you find some spare time on
your hands  - schooling four children at home must make for a busy
schedule!   We'd all love to see what you grow too.  And in-between
time - - enjoy what you see posted!
> Margie V.
> Oro Valley, AZ.
> Zone 8/9