Re: CULT:Suky w/another photo

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos]CULT:Suky w/another photo
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:27:28 -0700

Hi Betty,
Is your Suky darker in color?  I've checked on-line and compared with others photos, including one posted in Jan. of 01 in our Iris-photo archives and mine looks like all the others - only a bit lighter in color. (same markings exist too)
    (C. Mahan, R. 1988). Sdlg. 186-1. TB, 37" (94 cm), EM.
    "S. white, flushed light violet (RHS 86B) around edge, violet midrib; F. medium to deep violet (83B), very large pure white zonal area extending from hafts to nearly halfway down; white beard, yellow deep in throat; ruffled; pronounced spicy fragrance. Violet Miracle X Victoria Falls. Iris Pond 1991."
      Here is another photo of it from a different angle.
    Our tempts being in the high 80's and low 90's may have something to do with it.  Some iris (in this heat) will either tend to bloom be either a bit lighter or a bit intensified - (depending on it's genetic make-up I assume). It has recently cooled down - thank heavens!  The nutrients in our soil may play a part too.  Do you happen to have a picture of how Suky looks in your area?
    Did I hear this reblooms in parts of the country?  Both parents are rebloomers.
    Margie V.
    Oro Valley, AZ.
    Zone 8/9