Re: the last RAMAYANA sdlg

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] the last RAMAYANA sdlg
  • From: Christopher Darlington <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:06:27 -0400

Is it possible the Arilbred seedlings are prone to more variation than
TB seedlings ?  I was really blown away by the variety looking through
Sharron's sibling photos on here web site.

This one looks  like LUELLA DEE, I guess you have the parentage right. I
couldn't help noticing the amazing waxy appearence it has.  It's very

Donald Eaves wrote:
> This will make the whole batch of one year seedlings from the pod.  The pink
> toned ones make me think HEART STEALER as the pollen parent, but this one
> makes me lean toward LUELLA DEE.  The neutral #2 gave me no clue.  This has
> a lot of green in the falls.  Not chartreuse so much as :( - green pea soup
> green. An interesting feature of this one the others didn't show were
> regelia type beards inside all the standards.  The standards appear white in
> the photo, but they really are an extremely pale lavender (bluish).  The
> remaining two will not bloom.  Not only that, since they tried making stalks
> on all their fans they will also likely disappear unless they prove able to
> put on some increase.  Doubtful.
> Donald Eaves
> donald@eastland.net
> Texas Zone 7b, USA
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>                                         Name: ramayana 5 - apr 4 '04 012.jpg
>    ramayana 5 - apr 4 '04 012.jpg       Type: JPEG Image (image/jpeg)
>                                     Encoding: base64

Yahoo! Groups Links