Re: KOKO KNOLL

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] KOKO KNOLL
  • From: Laurie Flynn <amnemachin@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:45:11 -0700 (PDT)

You certainly aren't posting too many pictures for me, Donald!  Thanks, those arils are so beautiful.  I only have one myself, Esther The Queen (E. Hunt, '68, AB).  She grows fairly well for me, although reportedly arils don't do well here in Maine - not quite dry or warm enough.

I was wondering if you (or someone else out there) wouldn't mind giving me a brief review of the aril terminology - aril, arilbred, OGB, OGB+, etc...  I've seen it before, but haven't retained it.  Do you know which type is Esther?

Thanks, keep those pictures coming, they are so inspiring to us here in the north, where there aren't any tree buds yet, let alone iris buds!

- Laurie
Maine, z4

Donald Eaves <donald@eastland.net> wrote:
OGB type AB.  Hunt/McAllister '84.  This is registered as OGB+, but that was
under a different system than is currently used.  This has been the easiest
AB to get pods on TBs using its pollen.  I think I'll see some of those
results tomorrow.

No one's posting.  Am I posting too many photos?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=koko knoll - apr 3 '04 001.jpg

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links