Re: OT: Bluebonnets

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: Bluebonnets
  • From: "Jelcy Romberg" <jelcy@jelcy.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:51:14 -0500 (CDT)

Yes, Bluebonnets have begun to migrate north into Okla. off of I 45 and I
35.  They can now be found as far as @ 50 miles north of the Red River.

In other parts of the country they have lupines but none that compare in
beauty physically or emotinally as The National Flower of Texas.

Last year we went to the commercial wildflower farm near Johnson City that
raises and hybridizes them.  They have come out with a burgundy and white
bluebonnet in honor of Texas A & M but, to date, thank heavens, they have
not come out with an orange and white one for That Other University.

There are naturally occuring albino bluebonnets that really are a pale
pink as well as the traditional ones.  We saw several in one field where
we stopped to take photos.

Jelcy

> Beautiful picture of the bluebonnets. They are gorgeous this year. This
> brings up a question my husband and I were pondering a few years ago. Do
> Bluebonnets grow anywhere else but Texas?

Yahoo! Groups Links