Re: Easy ABs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Easy ABs
  • From: "Hensler" <hensler@povn.net>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:36:50 -0700

>Do you know of other ABs besides Esther that are easy to grow?

Laurie,

Our growing conditions probably differ a bit but we're also zone 4. I'm
currently putting together the lists of what did well over the winter and
what is heading toward the compost pile.

I. stolonifera loves our sandy soil but it looks like I. korolkowii will
remain a houseplant.

The ABs that are really looking fantastic are:

Anacrusis
Balalaika Music
Bedouin Child
Big Black Bumblebee
Bold Sentry
Child Song
Code Talker
Dardanus
Emerald Fantasy
Jewel of Omar
Moonchild
Oyez
Point Well Taken
Qumran Canary
Spirit of Caleb
Tadzhiki Eclipse

A number of others look good and will probably catch up as soon as they
shake off the rest of the winter cold. What really surprises me is that
these are doing better than some of the TBs!

Christy

Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA