Re: Re: ROSEMOHR sdlg

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: ROSEMOHR sdlg
  • From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 16:47:48 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/2004 1:57:34 PM Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
I'm guessing our posts crossed.  If R was considered an OGB-, I
might not either.  It's not, though.  Nor did it look like one to
me.  Still could be.  Clearly you have more experience now than I'll
probably ever be able to accumulate, so I'm listening.

Quite possibly, I missed one of your messages.  I'm finally splitting my time roughly half-and-half between the mesa and town and that means I do get behind on e-mail.

ROSEMOHR has only onco and bearded ancestry.  Under the quantum system, it was considered 1/8th onco [and thus disenrolled].  Under the current system, it could be either OB- or TB [50/50 chance, statistically speaking].  Given that the Court of Iris listed it as an oncobred, my money would be on OB-!   As far as I know, however, no one has attempted to determine its exact nature.

Used with TBs, EQ has probably produced more quarterbreds than anything except CAPITOLA -- but your seedling looks much more like a cross with a quarterbred than a TB.  I think you've produced evidence that ROSEMOHR is really an OB-.

As to the flower itself....    The pattern is fairly common among EQ offspring.  The color is uncommon -- but what I'd hope for from ROSEMOHR.

TTYL,
Sharon

Yahoo! Groups Links