RE: Re: HYB: seedling bed

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: seedling bed
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:10:40 -0700

Thank you, for your comments, Linda.  The two big rows of seedlings were pollinated in the spring of 2001, germinated in pots and planted in March 2002.  This is their second bloom.  I lost a year of hybridizing due to planting a guest bed for last year’s regional convention.  I must select a few now to line out this fall.  So far, I’ve selected way too many.  All irises are pretty!

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9